Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neurosis

What Video Game Are You Currently Playing?

@Swordofdanu, so your team consists of Buffy the non vampire slayer, welder doomguy, Non-nintendo cease-and-desist luigi and the disconcertingly named "maggot fucker".

What a dream team.  

5 minutes ago, Silent Wolf said:

@Swordofdanu, so your team consists of Buffy the non vampire slayer, welder doomguy, Non-nintendo cease-and-desist luigi and the disconcertingly named "maggot fucker".

What a dream team.  

Thank you :D

On 6/23/2021 at 1:49 AM, ReaperAA said:

Pretty sure you can get a save file (for each mission completed) from the net.

Nah, I want to beat the game legit, no using other people's hard work. Besides, it's a fun game with lots to do, and the mods for it is also pretty fun. For now, I'm gonna indulge in the games I also got from the steam and gog summer sale like Jazz Jackrabbit, Celeste, Isaac, and probably try out that Alkaline mapset for Quake.

5 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Nah, I want to beat the game legit, no using other people's hard work. Besides, it's a fun game with lots to do, and the mods for it is also pretty fun. For now, I'm gonna indulge in the games I also got from the steam and gog summer sale like Jazz Jackrabbit, Celeste, Isaac, and probably try out that Alkaline mapset for Quake.

I spent so much time in that game using the cheat that lets you jump really high on a bike. I would get to full speed, jump at a building and pull the front of the bike up. If timed correctly, you can hit the side of the building and jump off it. If there's another building nearby, you can swing the bike around and jump off that one. 

I think my record was six building to building jumps. The problem is that each time you do it, you gain momentum, and after a certain point CJ is either going so fast that there's no time to turn the bike and you smash into the building, or the game just says "nope" and you fall off the bike. Usually to your death.

Good times.

2 hours ago, HEVSoldier_nova said:

As of right now, I'm playing Half-Life: Source.

Why are you doing this to yourself

Tekken 7, recently picked up Armor King as a main. He's pretty fun and feels strong, he even got buffed last month. I'm finally trying to get good at this game, labbing everything that beats me and practicing my sidesteps, because of it, I've been getting more wins. I've been bumping into many pluggers recently and I even have some screenshots:

Spoiler

Plugged when I grabbed him once, it wasn't even a command grab:

?imw=1024&imh=614&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Plugged when I started changing my playstyle to a more safe and defensive one, I bet her winstreak is from all the plugging when she was about to lose:

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Bumped into a smurf.....:

...and they plugged too once I figured out their predictable flowchart, if you're gonna smurf atleast don't plug. It makes you look even more pathetic:

By the way, I looked into this guy's account and he had like 1k hours in the game so seeing him plug makes me happy.

You know you've pissed them off when they plug mid-match, feels good every time that happens.

3 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

I bought the Dusk and Amid Evil bundle.  :D

Good choice. I prefer Dusk, one of the best games I've played in the last five years. But Amid Evil is not without it's merits. Hope you have fun!

Dragon Warrior I & II for GBC.
Completed Dragon Warrior I part a few weeks ago, not on the middle of Dragon Warrior II.
Great improvement from the previous game.

And i really enjoying them far more than i thought i would.
Strangely, i now found most Final Fantasy games to be really boring.
While older games that are kinda open ended and let you tackle the game as you like are what i prefer.

When i was young i thought that Square was the company that most understood the JRPG players.

Now, i found its quite the opposite. And they just were kinda ripping most of the content from Enix games, especially from Dragon Quest Serie.

A month ago i comleted the original Metal Max for NES.
Amazing game, with a lot of secrets, open ended nature, great story that is mostly optional, and one of the best settings i see in a long time.

24 minutes ago, HEVSoldier_nova said:

I actually like HL:S, you got a problem wit that?

Hey if you enjoy it, that's fine. To each their own =)

1 hour ago, HEVSoldier_nova said:

I actually like HL:S, you got a problem wit that?

If you like it, that's all that matters. I was disappointed because I was expecting a complete remake. Instead it was the same game using the Source engine, with glitches. It seemed rushed, and it seemed like Valve could've done it a lot better.

But if you love it, play it. 

On 6/26/2021 at 3:21 AM, BrassKnight said:

Just played some House of the Dead 2 earlier and finished it.

I have childhood memories of playing it on PC many times over. If I recall you can gain limited use weapons like rocket launches and machine-guns?

Voice acting is so bad it's good. Probably my most favourite house of the dead game.

1 hour ago, Chezza said:

I have childhood memories of playing it on PC many times over. If I recall you can gain limited use weapons like rocket launches and machine-guns?

Voice acting is so bad it's good. Probably my most favourite house of the dead game.

I think the rocket launches and machine guns are an Original Mode exclusive, I've never played that mode before since I only stuck to Arcade mode. I might try it out.

Heretic II, I never even heard about this game in the series until recently. Probably because it got drowned out by the release of Half-Life.

I haven't seen install screens like this in years

install screen.jpg

Been watching lots of fighting game videos lately just cause they're in my recommended. Used to love em and I was really good at a few (online good, not like tournament except for street fighter 4 maybe) but haven't had a console in forever so I haven't played any. Do have snes emulator though so I've been playing Street Fighter Alpha 2 and god damn I remember why I don't play fighting games on keyboard. It's a damn mess. This keyboard doesn't do simultaneous inputs that are too close to each other well, so forget pressing 3 buttons to do certain supers or moves, and forget being able to do anything more complex than a quarter circle and not with a comfortable amount of consistency especially to do it in a tight combo or a tight timing like the alpha counters in this game. Still had some fun with it but the experience did bum me out cause it was a very incomplete experience of something I used to love.

1 hour ago, BaileyTW said:

This keyboard doesn't do simultaneous inputs that are too close to each other well, so forget pressing 3 buttons to do certain supers or moves, and forget being able to do anything more complex than a quarter circle and not with a comfortable amount of consistency especially to do it in a tight combo or a tight timing like the alpha counters in this game.

You need a good mechanical keyboard to do those but I agree. Keyboard controls are extremely handicapped in these stupid games for no reason when compared to pads. Like in KOF 13 it is an absolute nightmare to do some long combos with keyboard because the shortcut system wasn't designed for a keyboard so you end up cancelling most moves into a fireball or desperation move way too often, unless you have absolute godlike execution that you somehow manage to never hold down  and forward buttons at same time while transitioning combos. Not to mention trying to do any grappler desperation move requires a really stupid amount of dexterity and precision to get it out instead of a random move in every single fighting game.

Watching some keyboard POVs makes it seem like they need faster playing and precision than 99% of piano songs lol. Time to practice piano in fighting games on keyboard.

I'm stuck on e1m5(extra crispy) for Blood 1(RazeBlood), can't seem to make it all the way, but i'm pretty sure i can push through the episode, and this will also be my first time beating a Blood episode ever.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:57 PM, Jello said:

Good choice. I prefer Dusk, one of the best games I've played in the last five years. But Amid Evil is not without it's merits. Hope you have fun!

Decided to spark up Amid Evil first and I'm liking it a lot. I can see this is one of those games that'll get replayed for sure. Fun indeed! :D

both shin megami tensei 1 on the gba using the imported translation from the iso version because my japanese is still shit

and shin megami tensei 4 on the 3ds

Hrot: Depending on how the other episodes go, this has the potential to be the second best throwback fps next to Dusk. It's a lot more atmospheric, and the fights play out like a slightly faster Quake. It kind of feels like a surreal horror game in a lot of ways, and I love how it weaponises certain limitations of older fps titles to keep you on edge and not know what to expect. Also, it's quite difficult, mainly due to health being someone scarce. Still, a fantastic title, and I think more games should give you the option to do a pistol start run from the main menu. 

Valheim: Back in lockdown so I needed something with a bit of a progress treadmill to trick my brain into thinking I've accomplished something. I do like Valheim though. It's kind of a survival game for people who don't like survival games. It's definitely more of an RPG that feels a little bit old Elder Scrolls, a little bit Souls, and a little bit Rune. Good stuff.

I've fallen back hard into Dead Cells, and astoundingly, I've made it all the way up to 5BC. But... I haven't beaten it yet. It's the hardest difficulty, of course it would be a pain-and-a-half to beat, but lordy, is it frustrating to stay alive for an hour only to die in three seconds on a stupid mistake. Well, I guess that's the Dead Cells experience.

I'm also inadvisably playing another roguelike alongside it called Curse of the Dead Gods, which I am really enjoying for its Indiana Jones-esque style. It just recently got an update and went for 25% off, so I'm glad I picked it up.

I'm currently playing Ghoul Patrol on the Switch. It has charm, but movement is a bit slippery for my taste.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, and The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening, BotW 2 hype is all over me lmao. Hopefully I start playing The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante and get a perfect ending without restarting chapters

A friend gifted me Dark Deity and I'm quite enjoying it so far. Still playing SMT: Nocturne also, I still have to finish Deelit in Wonder Labyrinth and I also started Carrion. 

Finished Dark Souls 2.  Never again, that game is jank and bad.  It has its charms.  But god never again.

Now playing a game that lets you give prostate exams to giant pigs.  Like this

image.png.283da6d5e0d39cedf7fef928c87b7ba9.png