Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matador

DBP58: Immortal Warfare

With this specific entry you confirmed what I started to think some time ago

Spoiler

DPBs have the best - and most realistic - Doom engine cars/vehicles ever. Just done right, with no lame doomcute attemp whatsoever

1 hour ago, s4f3s3x said:

With this specific entry you confirmed what I started to think some time ago

Hide contents

DPBs have the best - and most realistic - Doom engine cars/vehicles ever. Just done right, with no lame doomcute attemp whatsoever

Funny you should mention that - lokk mostly tends to DESPISE Doomcute, so definitely not a coincidence.

I've completed all of the maps and overall it was mostly good.

Personally, I like the atmosphere of the entire WAD and I think that there is some kind of anti-war thought.

Palette has solid representation of dirty and exhausting battles in the far corners of our Earth and somewhat it reminded me about "MGS IV: Guns Of The Patriots".

Sometimes there was strong "Ashes 2063" vibes of ruined and desolated places.

Here is a small list of my personal ratings (from 1 to 5 stars).

Please don't consider this as the only one truth, since these is very subjective!

Spoiler

MAP01: "The Conflict"                 - ️
MAP02: "Recon Plan Charlie"           - ️
MAP03: "No Room To Breathe"           - ️
MAP04: "Logistical Carnage"           - ️
MAP05: "The Jackal"                   - ️
MAP06: "Bad Office"                   - ️
MAP07: "Peacemaker"                   - ️
MAP08: "For The Lambs Of Halberstadt" - ️
MAP09: "FUBAR"                        - ️
MAP10: "Immortal Warfare"             - 

Here is the video of my walkthrough of MAP01 with some mods:

Other ones can be found nearby on my channel, since I am not want to spam here with 9 more videos.

P.S.: 

Spoiler

The ending is truly has some   f e e l s   in it...

Edited by RastaManGames

Been anticipating the next DBP release. Cant wait to rip and tear through it tonight. Thank you for all the hard work you guys do. The screenshots look awesome!

Ah, yet another worthy effort! Even after all these years, I'm still impressed how y'all manage to produce mapsets with such similar visual and gameplay style. I played on UV in GZdoom 4.10.0 and I noticed some problems:

MAP06: isn't SSG supposed to be secret?

MAP09: in at least 2 places, the player gets suddenly lifted into air, see the screenshots. I think there is a 3rd place too, but I can't pinpoint it. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's a nodebuilder issue.

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_210021.png

Screenshot_Doom_20230503_205947.png

3 hours ago, Caleb13 said:

Even after all these years, I'm still impressed how y'all manage to produce mapsets with such similar visual and gameplay style.

Lol I still can't tell if this is meant to be a compliment or an insult.

Just finished it :) Great maps and an interesting palette (really nailed that everything is brown vibe ;)). The music choice for the last two maps is epic!

On 5/3/2023 at 3:16 PM, Caleb13 said:

Ah, yet another worthy effort! Even after all these years, I'm still impressed how y'all manage to produce mapsets with such similar visual and gameplay style. I played on UV in GZdoom 4.10.0 and I noticed some problems:

MAP06: isn't SSG supposed to be secret?

MAP09: in at least 2 places, the player gets suddenly lifted into air, see the screenshots. I think there is a 3rd place too, but I can't pinpoint it. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it's a nodebuilder issue.

Thanks for the bug report. It was brought up during playtesting but that SSG in MAP06 is meant to be a non-secret secret.

We'll have to investigate what's going on with MAP09, I don't know what's causing the issue there. Nodebuilder error sounds like it might be right.

I tested out this (semi)-new computer's Dooming capabilities by binging Shatter Realm and Immortal Warfare back to back. I don't know how the hell you guys knock it out of the park every single time - another fun, punchy, aesthetically brilliant wad. In my opinion, Doom is always at its best when it's dedicated as evenly to gameplay as it is to unique and fresh aesthetics, and DBP always delivers. I'm happy to hear you'll be moving to 2-month cycles, because it means more breathing room for you guys to work your magic, and more time for the rest of us to catch up on the incredible backlog of excellent work you've built up over the past couple years. DBP forever!

On 5/2/2023 at 4:19 PM, HUNdebLeonidasX said:

First time I made a map for a DB project (MAP04). I must say the well curated resources might come handy for other projects too. 

Spoiler

Magyar vagy? :) 

These are always great. FDAs for the first seven maps attached. Tried to find secrets, but didn't want to spend too long hunting. Map05 was the hardest of the ones I played with the ammo scarcity and nuisance archviles (made by @Thelokk, story checks out). I missed a kill in map06, not sure if I missed an enemy or if something failed to spawn in? Died pretty unceremoniously in map07 while switching to the wrong weapon and hesitating about where to go. Think a rev missile hit me.  

dbp_58_fdas.zip

This Wad was definitely a most interesting experience, both for the environments that were presented to me and also for the way in which the enemies were distributed... all of this was really great, and it made me feel really in A most hostile war environment, huh. Although that is... both the secrets and the search for the path on each map felt extremely confusing for not understanding where the hell to have to go, and this added to the pressure of the enemies that come to be lurking on occasions, It makes the situation a little more tense than usual, and not to mention the ambushes that have taken me by surprise on more than one occasion, huh. In general, the maps were fantastic, but at times I felt bored or stressful not being able to know how to proceed to find something like a key or a secret, and this took me out of the experience a bit because of how complex it was. Turning this into moments, but in terms of the action and the setting, the task was really successfully achieved, and it is really appreciated that they have been able to bring some variety with this Wad, great work without a doubt, although with a few things to fix to be more than perfect, huh.

I have a good time while doing the run.  One of the secrets of Map04 that required lowering the pillar to access the teleporter is hidden very well, and the combat in Map09 - FUBAR is quite brutal and challenging.  I especially like the level design of Map01, 02,03, 07, and 09 that gave me good old CoD4 and BO1 vibes.  This wad is solid and worth trying. 

Edited by K_krimson painkekk : Edit