Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
T.Will

Soaked in Blood - An Ultimate Doom Episode 1 Replacement [Now on Idgames!]

Love E1 replacements. Will be playing through this this weekend! Looks amazing!

Congrats on your release! :)

Edit: added it to my 'Comprehensive E1 Replacement' list:

good work. A very underrated megawad in my view for a very underrated doom version.

other megawads have gotten far more praise despite being much lower effort

Love to see Ultimate DooM still getting some love!

Nice release, can't wait to play through this one XD

That episode has a really fun flow. I just wish I was better at finding the secrets. Fairly balanced on HMP and delivered the right ratio of danger to action. Expertly crafted in all regards.

Oh, yes! I have to check this out. Not much time at hand right now, but I will definitely take a look. Congratulations for the release! How long has this been cooking?

1 minute ago, sectrslayr said:

Oh, yes! I have to check this out. Not much time at hand right now, but I will definitely take a look. Congratulations for the release! How long has this been cooking?

It was initially just one map back in April, but I decided to expand it into an episode after the positive response.

Glad its released! This episode is great and is extremely fun doing co-op and deathmatch.

Also for those wondering who Raiva is their doomworld account is @Juza!

Good stuff T.Will :)

Hello, I just played your set on UV using crispy doom. I liked that this was sort of like KDITD+, as in more bloody in general. The lots of closets revealing assorted crap at different times adding multidirectional crossfire was fun. Also the strategically placed barrels on higher platforms was probably my favorite touch, along with finding secrets. I did wish there was a little more rocket centrism towards the latter half, or more supplies in the secrets, specially by e1m7, since that's where I started to feel a bit of "fatigue" from SG/CG versus mobs in similar traits like previous maps, but it's mostly personal taste. I really did appreciate the appropriate reward in the secret map so I could turn the tables on the problems

Onto bugs and issues and such (in spoilers!)

Spoiler

- Misaligned tex here in E1M1

- In E1M9, I would suggest an extra 40 cells so one could kill all the cybs with only the BFG. As of now, at least one has to be finnished with SG if players are even going for max kills, though I'm not fussed about it so if that's what you intended it's fine.

- The most important, in E1M6 these many closets seemed to be linked to some lines outdoors that only a deathmatch player can trigger, so in single player you're missing a bunch of stuff (including the RL!). Unless I missed something elsewhere, this map can't be maxed atm, though you can still take the secret detour to find the exit.

So, thanks for making this, keep it up!

Making a quick patch after seeing Mr. ZZul's stream. E1M6 was set up incorrectly for the yellow key.

13 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Hello, I just played your set on UV using crispy doom. I liked that this was sort of like KDITD+, as in more bloody in general. The lots of closets revealing assorted crap at different times adding multidirectional crossfire was fun. Also the strategically placed barrels on higher platforms was probably my favorite touch, along with finding secrets. I did wish there was a little more rocket centrism towards the latter half, or more supplies in the secrets, specially by e1m7, since that's where I started to feel a bit of "fatigue" from SG/CG versus mobs in similar traits like previous maps, but it's mostly personal taste. I really did appreciate the appropriate reward in the secret map so I could turn the tables on the problems

Onto bugs and issues and such (in spoilers!)

Reveal hidden contents

- Misaligned tex here in E1M1

- In E1M9, I would suggest an extra 40 cells so one could kill all the cybs with only the BFG. As of now, at least one has to be finnished with SG if players are even going for max kills, though I'm not fussed about it so if that's what you intended it's fine.

- The most important, in E1M6 these many closets seemed to be linked to some lines outdoors that only a deathmatch player can trigger, so in single player you're missing a bunch of stuff (including the RL!). Unless I missed something elsewhere, this map can't be maxed atm, though you can still take the secret detour to find the exit.

So, thanks for making this, keep it up!

Thanks for playing the wad! For the rocket launcher, I played it safe because I didn't want to place it carelessly like Knee-Deep does. After seeing the maps all the way through, I think I played it too cautiously and will remedy this with a later version. I'll also address your bugs and issues:

Spoiler

1. Fixed.

2. This was a balancing thing to make sure you don't rampage around with a BFG in the rest of the maps. Think of it as payment for taking the UV-Max route.

3. I didn't realize the problem until I saw Mr. Zzul's stream of it. I quickly fixed that.

A good set of levels, had fun playing it.  Though I wasn't too big on the secret level with bunches of cyberdemons.  But that just might have been my mood this morning.  Probably was.  :)

I came here to report the bug in E1M6 but it's already fixed 😀 I'm gonna start it again with Project Complexity, great maps! 🤘😎🤘

Edited by JaySmithen

I'm working with @T.Will to bring some MIDI's to the project, estimated at least 2-3 will be made. I hope you guys will like my addition!

1 hour ago, Biodegradable said:

Really enjoying this set. I'll post Pt 2 tomorrow!

Another banger of a video good job!

Up to e1m5 and gotta say, this is a neat little episode so far!

Hilariously violent secret map btw

Finally got through this last night w/ my brother via co-op!

We had a blast! Truly a great E1 replacement, you should be very pleased w/ your release. This is top quality stuff.

Felt like we were playing KDitD again! :) Keep it up, would love to hear what you're planning to make next!

New version with some fixes and changes mostly to reduce the later half grind. Also updated the txt file. Download link here and in the OP.

SiB_RC2.zip