Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myolden

Pina Colada - Now on idgames!

Congrats to all my fellow mappers! We've been working on this for a while now! Big shoutout to @myolden for leading this project! Woo! I hope you like getting caught in the rain, everyone!

15 hours ago, FEDEX said:

Great! And where is the Ñ in the title ? PiÑa :) 

I speak American and only know how to use the letters that have buttons on my keyboard. 

Edited by myolden

I just skimmed through these: Wow.  You all didn't hold back, everything looks stellar.  The animated textures bring this up to top notch.  A good mix of high-octane arena style maps with traditional "dungeon-crawl" type ones.  They all look stylish.  Definitely one of the top WADs this year.

edit: and on the first day of Sober October too, making it hard on me, will you :p

Are these speedmaps? They look too good to be speedmaps.

also

myolden, when am I supposed to have a life with all these fantastic doom wads

I just finished nostalgia 2, I have a family, have mercy on me

4 minutes ago, Firedust said:

No. Though the project does hail from the PUSS discord server we didn't have any rules with regards to limiting time spent building these levels. 

6 minutes ago, Master O said:

Strangely appropriate:

Oh, we are deeply aware of this. 😄

This song has been floating around my head since I joined this project. I used to find it annoying, but I've actually learned to like it.

Possibly a self-preservation mechanism.

23 minutes ago, Firedust said:

also

myolden, when am I supposed to have a life with all these fantastic doom wads

I just finished nostalgia 2, I have a family, have mercy on me

@myolden has no chill. Quote me on that.

Having a great time with this so far! Two quick notes: in MAP 05, the arachnotrons in the monster closets are stuck together (ZDoom 2.8.1), and I found two oddities in Peccatum's MAP 06 - some missing textures and a slime trail, I think. Congrats on the RC :)

Spoiler

416287948_Screenshot(488).png.b0c137e3e40493aa18c9eb1ee092f50c.png2100991222_Screenshot(487).png.8c7701d56afca00ec58540de23e7dc3f.png9391305_Screenshot(486).png.6fca2459b9863bd43194f7847f4a024e.png

20 minutes ago, MtPain27 said:

in MAP 05, the arachnotrons in the monster closets are stuck together (ZDoom 2.8.1)

Are they actually stuck in one another or simply struggle to get through the door? I checked the map and they don't seem to be stuck. The door is a little narrow for the both of them, but it's not a problem because they'll keep shooting.

1 hour ago, MtPain27 said:

[...] I found two oddities in Peccatum's MAP 06 - some missing textures and a slime trail, I think. Congrats on the RC :)

Thank you, I'll get those fixed in RC2! The map has been done and tested for over 10 months now, but it seems that the nodebuilder elfs have recently come and thrown some explosives into that one arena. Cheeky little buggers.

Congratulations everybody on the release! I love how over-the-top decorated most of the maps are. This was not a requirement but people just went ham! I can't deny I'm really proud of the three maps I made for this. This was quite something, challenging me to make different maps from usual. Though I still couldn't resist doing my usual theatrics ;).

Huge shoutout to @muumi, the god of skies, who made a whole bunch of stuff custom for this wad and also reacted quickly to feedback and made even more customizations! Look for more of his stuff over here: 

19 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Are they actually stuck in one another or simply struggle to get through the door? I checked the map and they don't seem to be stuck. The door is a little narrow for the both of them, but it's not a problem because they'll keep shooting.

Yep, they're stuck in ZDoom. From 2:15 on in this video demonstrates. (spoilered to save space)

Spoiler

Warning, the following is tagged as spoiler as it could cause some scares because of its disturbing imagery.

Spoiler

Ñ

Great set of maps, congrats on the release.

6 hours ago, MtPain27 said:

Yep, they're stuck in ZDoom. From 2:15 on in this video demonstrates. (spoilered to save space)

Pretty weird how it doesn't happen to me, but I'll expand this closet to let them leave more easily.

On 10/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, myolden said:

20: Pineapple Acres by @Danlex

:D

Much better than the original (maybe a low bar, but still). I love it. Reminds me a bit of one of the claus1024 wads, what with the nice detailing and floating-in-sky setting.

Spoiler

Spiderdemons on ice are hilarious

3 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

Much better than the original (maybe a low bar, but still). I love it. Reminds me a bit of one of the claus1024 wads, what with the nice detailing and floating-in-sky setting.

Very happy to know that you liked the map <3

Apple Acres is my favorite map of sf2011; probably one of the maps I replay the most everytime I get bored and I decide to waste a bit of time playing Doom. It might be a very simple map but there's something about the gameplay and the midi that I just love, so that's why I wanted to make a tribute.

These are fun. 

Reporting that the death exit setups turn out to be easy to accidentally reset on. Had it happen by accident once, resting my finger on the spacebar. (In normal oldschool death exits it's obvious that is going to happen so you learn to avoid accidental resets, but you don't really expect it to be possible in insta setups.) 

I tried some other 'instant death exit' setups in other wads to make sure this normally isn't possible, and the timing is usually a lot tighter. The timing is loose enough that I could intentionally do it on map01 even though it's a walkover that lacks cues for where the line is. Not sure what's going on since this setup should work but maybe doors+telefragging is strange. 

Switching this setup to an instantly raising ceiling such as 'floor down to highest adjacent ceiling' (generalized 16410) seems to make it impossible to skip.

3 hours ago, baja blast rd. said:

Switching this setup to an instantly raising ceiling such as 'floor down to highest adjacent ceiling' (generalized 16410) seems to make it impossible to skip.

Wow, that's such a simple yet elegant fix to the setup. I'll inplement this in RC2, thanks for the suggestion.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:43 PM, myolden said:

I speak American and only know how to use the letters that have buttons on my keyboard. 

Correction, Hamburger, we speak hamburger English.

This has been really fun so far. Especially loving the themes gameplay in these middle maps. The low monster counts is bringing me back to the maps of the 2000s, where the maps provide a challenge without simply spamming you with enemies. Just finished Nullspace Nexus and it completely blew me away. I honestly can't remember the last time I said 'wow' when playing a Doom map.