Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

@Walter: looks nice but to answer your question there's probably too many texture changes for it to be mistaken for a Plutonia map.

@Skillsaw: some really complex looking stuff in those screens. I like those light squares too. Would be cool if they worked as fake 3D air tunnels, if that's possible to do.

Maybe skillsaw you should make a collection of those unfinished maps and call it a mini-megawad.

In the DB shot I thought "looks a bit orthaganol" and then in the screens "oh, that's why". I'm not one to complain about this, I have a compulsion for square shapes myself and I think you'll get away with it with you interconnected layout and clean texturing. I like the bold architecture in the middle pic.

Those shots remind me of Portal. Looks like a map to get lost in.

very square indeed but it looks great! also skillsaw those shots look fantastic took. are those maps basically done?

Temple of Life, take 2

Now with 50% more temple!

I've put Garden by stewboy in to this map as a placeholder MIDI, this should help for inspiration while testing.

Malinku: there are times squares must look great. And it's not the case of a "rectangular ROCKRED*'s all over the place with MFLR8_2 and/or RROCK04"-type '96 wad, it's your style that shows how to deal with rectangular rooms in order not to get them boring.

purist said:

@Walter: looks nice but to answer your question there's probably too many texture changes for it to be mistaken for a Plutonia map.

Ok, thanks for the advice...

And OMG that space level shot, skillsaw!

@Tango: Yes, these maps are all done-ish, except for the lunar map, which has no thing placement yet.

@purist: I think it would be possible to make the light bridges into tunnels but I suspect the implementation would end up being too clumsy. hmm. It would look really cool though.

@alterworldruler: I'm not giving into the temptation to release early [again], it'll be finished when it's finished :P

@Ed: Nice stuff! I think on the third shot the central structure could use some more structural depth on the right side exterior, if you can find the space to work with.

A.Gamma said:

Still making Mayan themed maps... I'm getting a little tired of them by now.

Please don't, we don't have enough pre-hispanic themed maps

@ Ed: The Nick Bakery is enormous, man, props and congratulations on hopefully weaving it seamlessly into the standard decor. IMHO, it is tasteful.

The pentagrams on the walls give me a mental image of demons emerging from them at a 90 degree angle and falling splat on their faces. :P

Also nice shots, but that goes without saying.

skillsaw said:

Thanks guys. The light bridges are animated such that the gradient of colors moves forward and backward along the bridge.

Awesome looking stuff there mate :)

Although I must admit I am having visions of Soundwave creating a long line of energon cubes! Very cool.

experimenting a bit with my Mayhem map figuring out how to make a mostly monotextured map pretty.

All that has still to be finalized. Let's just say that it won't be a total SMK clone ;)