Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MsKaye

SIGIL v1.21 - New Romero megawad [released!]

If I had money earlier the same week it was available for pre-order, I would have ordered the Standard Edition but I'll just go with the free WAD.

52 minutes ago, owl said:

DoomKid423 was commenting in agreement with the gracious sentiment expressed in the original tweet. He's saying "ugh so friggin' lucky!" as in "wow, congrats on the fortunate development!"

That's how i read it as too.

24 minutes ago, Glaice said:

If I had money earlier the same week it was available for pre-order, I would have ordered the Standard Edition but I'll just go with the free WAD.

Same. TBH, i was going through so much shit in my life (and i still am) that i don't think i even knew about it until after the pre-order time was over. I remember finding this thread and reading through quite a few pages just to catch up on current events, so i'm pretty sure that it was over by then. At least it'll be released for free and with some great MIDI music to boot :)

The only physical Doom related PC game that i have are the two Sybex v1.25 shareware floppies that are still sealed in my copy of the Doom Survivor's Strategies & Secrets guide but i don't want to open them haha!

Hopefully Romero does something like this for Doom II. If he does, i'm totally buying whatever it is!

I do agree that success is generally a combination of both hard work and sheer luck. I would argue cases where it's just one or the other are very much the exception to the rule. Oh, and raw talent. You have to factor that in as well. I don't agree, however, that this has anything to do with esoteric, superstitious nonsense like the law of attraction. In Jimmy's case, Doomkid's assessment is spot on: Jimmy's got plenty of talent and hard work to show for, but luck did factor in as well. Luck by itself is never enough, but it usually factors in. That's how reality is.

I don't have much new to contribute regarding Sigil. I'm happy to wait as long as I have to, I've got plenty of things to do in the meantime. As for the quality of the WAD itself, well, I don't expect Romero to put out a Sunlust, an Ancient Aliens or an Eviternity (I never would have, not at this point), but I have no doubt that whatever he produced will be worth checking out. 

I distinctly remember that it said that the packages for European customers would be sent from Ireland. Now the non-working tracking information seems to indicate that my package is shipped from the USA making the whole thing even more expensive.

I was under the impression that I read somewhere European orders will be send from Europe too. But clearly the mail says USPS. The non working tracking could mean that the packages are registered at USPS, but not physical there. At least I know something like that from DHL in Germany.

Tracking Numbers from USPS are pretty useless here too, because the tracking ends when the package hit the custom office. Everything after that is not trackball. At least it was when I got my last delivery from the us.

I always thought that USPS was strictly in the US until I ordered something from Amazon that was shipped from Hong Kong. I had no idea what kind of tracking number it was, so I asked the seller, and I was told it was shipped via USPS. The tracking number didn't work when entering it in the tracking section for USPS, though. It turns out it was shipped via USPS International. Packages shipped through USPS International can ship from countries other than the US, and they have their own tracking number system. I can't remember what I did to successfully track my package. On the USPS site, hover your mouse over "International" and paste your tracking number into the "Search or Enter a Tracking Number" field. If that doesn't work, try tracking it here: https://www.stamps.com//shipstatus/

Edited by finkleroy

On 5/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, finkleroy said:

So now instead of having to wait until a week after the boxes begin shipping, we have to wait until a week after every single customer has received their order.

I asked him [John Romero] via email for this:

And when you say “after customers receive”, do you mean every and each customer, literally?

His answer:

When we hear of customers receiving their Beast Box, it will be one week before we release the FREE SIGIL stuff.

10 minutes ago, Diabolución said:

I asked him [John Romero] via email for this:

His answer:

Nice! The way he worded it made me think he meant he wanted to wait until a week after everyone received their box. I'm glad he meant he's waiting until people start receiving their boxes.

2 hours ago, cybdmn said:

I was under the impression that I read somewhere European orders will be send from Europe too. But clearly the mail says USPS.

The dead giveaway that they weren't was the high shipping. I paid about another $20 in shipping for my standard box. You wouldn't pay $20 shipping within Europe, infact most of it isn't shipping at all but the customs fee, which means its place of origin can't be in Europe.

Only thing I can remember was that deliveries for germany will be sent from Ireland. The tracking for my Standard box is via asendiausa.com.

It´s official:

Edited by Diabolución : Insert the tweet as quote in order to prevent overquotings.

Should I start personally e-mailing LRG for delivery updates? I bought the SIGIL beast box and still total radio-silence over it. I'm looking over my order page over and over again expecting some kind of a new update or something. Still, nada.

Edited by SamuelNMEvander

I haven't had my shipping notification yet. A bit more patience is needed I think. They probably haven't sent all of them out yet.

4 hours ago, Stocki said:

Only thing I can remember was that deliveries for germany will be sent from Ireland. The tracking for my Standard box is via asendiausa.com.

Mine is send via the same service, and tracking now works.

Destination: Germany

Current Package Status: Shipment Has Left Seller Facility And Is In Transit To Carrier

Edit: At least Asendia is european, it is an joint venture between the french and the swiss postal service.

On 12/9/2018 at 8:51 AM, Touchdown said:

Does Romero have a deal with Zenimax to re-release DOOM (again) with a new episode? 

It's a free episode. So I guess just like the megawads before it. It wont need a deal with anyone. And come on, Romero released two maps a few years ago without any deal.

To my knowledge, the only time Romero had any dealings with Zenimax was when he tried to release unused Doom 1 assets to the public. Pretty shitty to harass someone who worked on the damn thing, but that's business I suppose.

9 hours ago, Jon said:

Shouldn't this be in "wads & mods"

Not until it's actually a WAD we can play I guess. We should probably have a fresh separate thread in that section once it releases for the WAD itself.

Wow, I check this thread, and actually find information about SIGIL's status, not the usual wall of shitposts on "I payed so I must play first" vs "No you don't".

Super happy to see it's finally getting shipped before I forget it existed, I was really looking forward to playing it when it was announced, and I'm still kinda am, although not at the same "super hyped" level at this point in time.

Here's a question for people, how are you planning on playing SIGIL? I'm going to do my first playthrough in Chocolate (maybe Crispy but probably not). I'd like to run prboom+ so I can submit the first run for DWIL but I also want to pop my cherry with chunky pixels.

7 minutes ago, xvertigox said:

how are you planning on playing SIGIL?

with my sourceport, of course!

(self-promotion rox!)

I wonder how they should select the 5th episode in menu if they don't use gzdoom? If they use prboom, for example.

59 minutes ago, Rathori said:

Super happy to see it's finally getting shipped before I forget it existed, I was really looking forward to playing it when it was announced, and I'm still kinda am, although not at the same "super hyped" level at this point in time.

For me it's unironically the other way around. When I first saw the release trailer and a bit of footage from the streams, I was not particularly interested in playing this at all, because it seemed rather bland to me. After reading dew's impressions from the interview I've become a bit more interested in this in spite of my reservations towards doom1's limited roster.

10 minutes ago, dmslr said:

I wonder how they should select the 5th episode in menu if they don't use gzdoom? If they use prboom, for example.

There are two separate wads: one where Sigil is the 5th episode, and it works in ZDoom and Eternity, and another where it replaces the 3rd episode and is intended as a fallback for anything limit-removing that doesn't handle MAPINFO.

The maps are the same, just the slots are changed, that's the only meaningful difference between both.

5 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

For me it's unironically the other way around. When I first saw the release trailer and a bit of footage from the streams, I was not particularly interested in playing this at all, because it seemed rather bland to me. After reading dew's impressions from the interview I've become a bit more interested in this in spite of my reservations towards doom1's limited roster.

I remember your reaction to the screenshot of the chaingun vs cacodemon :D. That was funny because it was obviously a random capture after IDKFA (see the keys at top right corner).

That said I didn't expect much besides the "new Romero!!!" feel either and the teaser wasn't super crazy, but Xaser's comment about the way Romero handled Doom 1 mechanics for a more interesting gameplay (i.e. make good use of the level's geometry) convinced me it might be a blast.

First I'll play it in Crispy with Jimmy's soundtrack. Then I'll play it in GZ with DRLA and Buckethead.