Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

Post Your Doom Picture (Part 2)

Posted (edited)

Some nice shots, Mayhem19 looks like being another fine effort.

@Lutz The only issue I have with your shots is the environments look more like somewhere I like to go on holiday, rather than fighting demons. Fantastic stuff...

I am currently redoing a made for Switcheroom 2 to feel more worthwhile to the project aims as my previous effort felt more like a re-texturing. It is pretty much finished apart from some final monster placement and implementation of difficulty levels.

switch14h.png

Edited by cannonball

l3god8f.png 

Really enjoyed deathmatching with HDRambo & Shrimpy (Triaxis) at DWANGO5

GG.

On 5/18/2019 at 6:05 AM, Night Avenger said:

I thought something was a bit off and now know its not meant to look like this at all and trying any wad/iwad has the same weird colour palette thing which im yet to fix. 

But man still looks awesome in hurt!

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004037.png

Screenshot_Doom_20190518_004736.png

Check the saturation settings in display options of GZdoom. Its supposed to be a 1.0 by default. But by looking at your screenshots, it might be accidentally set to -1.0 or something. Alternately, if it is already set to 1.0, try setting it to -1.0 and see if it helps.

These must be your best screens to date. Your sense of visual balance (geometry and color) greatly improved compared to your previous maps, judging by these. If your gameplay chops improved at the same rate I have good times ahead of me :D

1 hour ago, Kira said:

These must be your best screens to date. Your sense of visual balance (geometry and color) greatly improved compared to your previous maps, judging by these. If your gameplay chops improved at the same rate I have good times ahead of me :D

Thanks! It definitely feels like I'm getting better at gameplay elements (whether that is true remains to be seen). Been experimenting with more asymmetric designs which both look cool and lend themselves to better potential combat situations. Having a disgustingly good time making this map. 

Posted (edited)

of course, it is totally unplayable in my engine (it chokes at single-digit FPS, and doesn't have gzdoom features map needs), but visuals are stunning. (tbh, it is not playable in GZDoom too on my PC).

two screenshots from k8vavoom, stenciled lighting mode (don't mind missing things and textures, please).

Spoiler

m0yn21.png

qkj40f.png

p.s.: just to make it clear: maps are from @Bridgeburner56. but lighting is done by my engine. so i think i still can call it "my doom pictures" technically. ;-)

Edited by ketmar

22 hours ago, Rayziik said:

Time for purple.

Looks lovely~! But that redrock texture tiles something nasty... :P

1777180401_TMoD3D19.png.e02d675e0bf63228602b269a0932cb8a.png

I gotta admit, I have been slacking a lot with TMoD 3D as of late... kinda lost care for it for some time. Hopefully with me posting an alpha build that can help me boost my concentration and will power. Meantime! This is a pic of the new VR training map! To the right continues the training but if you've played before, just head to the portal.

I hope the MIDI for this map is a rendition of Korobeiniki.

10 minutes ago, Сhaingunner said:

Nice idea! I had been doing something similar in my doom e2 replacement in progress about month ago. But i used sprites as shadows. :D

Sounds like a good idea too!

4 hours ago, Jaska said:

See this and be amazed! Easy way to implement midtexture shadows to a wall.

How I haven't thought this ages ago! Has it's issues but now I'm using this everywhere, heh. Or not.

wUVHp5O.png

Side effect is that the shadow of the hanging vines is darker than the shadow of the wooden pillars.

(Also it doesn't extend to the ceiling, so maybe this trick is better used in outdoors scenes where the ceiling is a sky?)

10 hours ago, Gez said:

Side effect is that the shadow of the hanging vines is darker than the shadow of the wooden pillars.

(Also it doesn't extend to the ceiling, so maybe this trick is better used in outdoors scenes where the ceiling is a sky?)

Yes, there are problems but it works good enough if you don't start to think about it.

Wait, he didn't correct the aspect ratio of the titlepic?