Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

What is wrong with you?

Not much. However here is a list on what I need to improve:

* Dunno how to swim. OK I only know the most basic move, but I don't know how to float still or just be secure if thrown into deep water.
* Dunno how to ride a bicycle. I wasn't able to learn it when I was a kid.
* Dunno how to ski.

If I learn some of these three skills, I will be able to enjoy such group activities as mountain bike skiing or anything to do with water more safely.

Other flaws:
* Shy when peeing. I just can't pee when others are around me. Fight/flight reaction. It's stupid because others don't have this problem, and it means I can't really take advantage of urinals. I wonder how can I get past it. Just by retrying until I get into a positive mindset? When I was a kid I did not have this problem. Neither when I was happy with beers in me.
* Admittedly I'm not the most charismatic so I prefer someone else to do all the people skills work.

I voted a corrupted chicken for the president of my country 4 years ago. I feel really ashamed just because of that nowadays.

Voros said:

How is that bad?

It was a bad joke. I know people love to make fun of us.

I'll add shitty humor to my list.

printz said:

Dunno how to ski

What an interesting choice. Are you expected by society to know how to ski or something? :P

I prolly bitch a little too much in blogs, but I'v got an assload of mental health issues, Primary one being a paranoid schizophrenic. I got some normal health issues as well, asthma (it's gotten a hell of alot better since I quit smoking), allergys (comically dust mites as well as cat/dog dander and mold.) and a bunch of gut issues I'v not been to the doctor yet for, I can't find a decent family doctor.

I'm sorry to hear about your voices soundblock, they can be a real bitch sometimes, I understand how it goes. Just remember there basically trolls, and try to block them out when you can. I'm sorry as I don't have better advise for that.

Getsu Fune said:

-stereotypical Scorpio personality

-stereotypical Gemini

Many people seem to dislike Geminis , so I guess its considered a problem to some. I don't take astrological signs seriously. But sometimes I feel the description of Gemini suits me well, regardless.

-Stubborn as a brick, Once i set my mind into something and i think i'm right won't change it

-Unforgiving, you did something against me? Won't forgive it, never not matter what. Once you are in my mistrust list you are done.

-26 years old and still living off and on with my parents.

-Never have had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl. This probably is mostly due to me not having much "game" as some would call it and not setting aside enough time to actually get one.

-I have struggled with OCD and intrusive thoughts in the past which have been quite debilitating. However, I have recovered quite a bit and now am able to function a lot better. I still struggle a little bit with intrusive thoughts though.

And that's all I can really think of. Oh wait:

-Pretty lazy and unmotivated when it comes to important things like school and work. I am currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering and have made it all the way to my junior level classes, but due to my laziness and procrastination in my past classes, I now have a 2.9 overall GPA. I am going to try to kick it into high gear in the upcoming semester, but it is going to be really tough. I wish I would have tried harder in my other classes because some of those classes were a lot easier then the ones that I will be taking and I probably could have gotten a B or an A if I had applied myself more and studied hard like I was supposed to. However, I only scraped by in those classes with a C. And now, I have a GPA below a 3.0 and it's going to be a real bitch to get it back up above that. Hopefully, I can do it.

Other than that, I can't see really anything else wrong with me. I love working out and bodybuilding and what not and look pretty impressive physically, so if I actually set aside the time and effort, I probably can get a girl friend. I just need to set aside the time to do it and find one with which I have some chemistry.

doom_is_great said:

-26 years old and still living off and on with my parents.

Same, only that i'm 33. And i don't leave my home.

- autistic schizoid (never said around before)
- socially awkward
- i have a low attention span (especially in things i'm not interested or i found stupid)
- i had some motion tics

I'm just an asshole

Aside from that, I have tendinitis in both of my wrists, which mostly doesn't bother me, but when it flairs up it saps the strength from my hands and makes it difficult to do anything (with my hands). Can still run my mouth just fine; guess they don't make tendinitis for that. Most of the time I just tell people it's from spanking off too much, but in reality it's from playing the marimba and other percussion instruments for years... and beating off too much.

My hearing is fairly bad, too. I'm not deaf; I just say what a lot, kek. Which apparently is the most common form of hearing loss: can hear noises, just words get jarbled up somewhere up there. That's likely from playing percussion without ear protection, though I'm sure just as much due to being young and stupid: playing loud music through headphones.

My knees kinda suck at times, likely from wrestling back when I was younger.

Right elbow starting to get something nerve-related; feels like tendinitis (tennis elbow), though I can't be 100% sure without that diagnosed. Only one wrist was diagnosed with it, but that was enough info for me to notice the other one years later.

Back problems, like everybody. Mine come in a few flavors: lower back injury, which was made worse during recovery because I was a drummer in a band at that time and thought I'd be okay for practice; turns out drumming does in fact put a decent amount of strain on your back, despite sitting comfortably. Take that as a lesson, kids; you can play guitar with a hurt back, but don't get on the drums, lol. (Or you can do drugs with a hurt back, but you can't do drums with a hurt back; whichever sounds more pleasing) I also have problems with my middle back, likely from bad posture. The top of my back, or the bottom of my neck, has a spot that almost always hurts, prolly from looking down so much: looking down at computer in lap, phone in lap, wrapping meat, grinding/cutting meat; lotta things require looking down.

I'm a smoker, so my lungs are prolly darker than DW's background and running a mile sounds like a terrible way to die. Duh dum tss

I shed hair worse than the worst dog, totally not aided by its length, which makes each individual shed hair conspicuous as Hell. My bathroom gets regular hair-tumbleweeds from when I comb my hair, especially if I act lazy and don't clean my bathroom for a couple weeks. I'm pretty sure you could make a decent wig out of the hair I shed in 2-3 months.

Everything I know about interviewing people I learned from Jiminy Glick.

While I work hard at work, at home I often turn lazy and some nights as I work on a hobby, I get tired to the point that I stop and do something more mindless. Then I continue to stay up for another 4 hours and go to work tired the next day, come home and do almost no work, brcause I'm too tired, then stay up for a while and rinse+repeat. Because I'm stupid, you see.

Perhaps my one redeeming quality is that I learned and took to heart ole So-crates saying, "true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing." I recognize that I don't know many things and usually take it a step further to just say "I'm stupid," because let's face it: we often like to pretend we are more intelligent that we really are. I've been told I'm smart enough times in my life to know the word intelligence is just something people use to feel special; in reality, everyone without a major problem or deficiency is capable of the same things, if only their experiences were the same. If results can be the same, arbitrary numbers are just that.

There are other things wrong with me, as with anyone, but no sense in airing all of one's dirty laundry!

Oh and antares, don't feel bad about voting for a corrupt chicken; I voted for a certifiable criminal! A chicken at least sounds tasty; cover in batter and fried, mmm...

-Not sharpest tool in the shed.
-Don't have much meaningful things to talk about in a conversation.
-Don't have too many pimples, but still have some.
-Lazy.
-Sleep late in the night, because it's hard to make myself to go to sleep unless I'm super sleepy.

TheMightyHeracross said:

What an interesting choice. Are you expected by society to know how to ski or something? :P

Well, no, but I wanted to pile it with the other two more common skills. Some people go skiing every winter like it's going to the beach in the summer.

Borderline Personality Disorder
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, mild constant intrusive thoughts
Not nearly as skilled at composing music as I'd like to be

I would say I'm rather ermm large' but its mostly because of the shortness, I'm actully at a healthy weight, though I could do far better, lets see other issuses, ermm dyslexic, autstic, I can get a lot of testical pain and get really dry feet which results in the feet on my skin comming off. I also spend too long duing pontless shit in linux. All those lovely things, though people like my accent.

I can't snap my fingers with my left hand and I can't wink with my right eye.

walter confalonieri said:

Same, only that i'm 33. And i don't leave my home.

Join the club, I'm 34 and only with them because there's not so much you can do with about $800 a month via SSI.

I'm terrified by the prospect of dying, and think about it too much - though very recently it's eased up a bit. I can get a bit paranoid about my health thanks to that. Back in July a lymph node swelled up under my chin. I didn't know what lymph nodes were before this, so naturally "oh fuck am I dying?"
It's still there, albeit a lot smaller - probably wisdom tooth related.

I occasionally have strange episodes, I recently wondered if they were anxiety attacks but it doesn't seem like an accurate description to me. It involves a lot of involuntary shaking and a lovely hint of nausea. They vary in how long they last and how violent the shaking is. Not at all pleasant. When I was like 12 or so these happened on a weekly basis - every Wednesday at around 10pm, and that point it becomes apparent there's nothing actually wrong and it happened because I expected it. They're not common nowadays but that makes it kind of scarier when they do happen. Fortunately, in most of the cases, a good mental distraction is enough to stop one - and that's basically the only reason I posted this in the first place.

And here I was expecting one of these threads again.

I'm a lazy procrastinator who's yet to finish his college degree at 28. At this point it's more about saving up money to make that happen, but I've done nothing but shoot myself in the foot sine I was first enrolled in 2006. Gotta get it done someday, so I have promised myself.

I only feel bad about one thing: procrastinating.
Heck, right now, I have my Physics book open on Electromagnetic Induction and Motors chapter, and yet: I'm browsing Doomworld.
*tries to slap himself into revising Physics*

Voros said:

Heck, right now, I have my Physics book open on Electromagnetic Induction and Motors chapter, and yet: I'm browsing Doomworld.

Doomworld is all you need... :p

Asperger's.
Tendency to not sleep properly, especially in the past two weeks or so.
Getting jealous over literally everyone in a romantic relationship, the latest case being my own best friend.
Tendency to procrastinate.

I lack self-confidence, which makes me stress about my career in graphic arts. I'm also very stubborn about getting down with work, thus making it hard to complete projects in a timely manner, not to mention that I utterly fail at the writings that I consider my passion. Also angry a lot.

MFG38 said:

Getting jealous over literally everyone in a romantic relationship, the latest case being my own best friend.

Wow. Now that you mention this, I have realized that this is a big one for me too. I almost get sick and mad jealous seeing former acquaintances and friends posting lovey dubby status updates on their Facebook walls that end up in my news feed. Especially girls that I have gone out with in the past or was interested in but are now in a relationship with some other guy. Makes me pissed and sometimes even depressed.