Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Some positivity from Jimmy

What should I do for my 15th Doomiversary?  

159 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What should I do for my 15th Doomiversary?

• 24-hour livestream
    • Make a map/small mappack
    • YouTube video
    • Community project/map contest?
    • Other (I've posted my idea below!)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/22/21 at 12:00 AM

woah, you're like...a grandpa now

srsly tho, congrats on being here for so long!! both your music and your maps are absolutely wonderful, and you've done so much for the community that i (and i'd assume many others) can't imagine it without you. thank you for all you've done <3

@Jimmy

You can do all of the options below with that 24-hour livestream but...

A CP dedicated to you would be nice though, a speedmapping event of sorts but limited to 32 maps (unless that you want a "Joy of Jimming" with more than 32 maps lmao).

Leave that YT video message to me.

You should arrange another community project like what you did with Isolation.

Did you seriously not join Doom Connector until 2006?? I swear you were around earlier than that.. Maybe it's just that you just filled a void in the community though :)

I voted for making a map pack of your own. Mostly just because I'm not too big a fan of most community projects.

24 hour streams can be ultra fun so if you're feeling up to it go for it :D Let me know if you want some tips on how to get through the full 24 hours (there are definitely things to increase your chances of success). 

The cool thing with a 24 hour stream is you can fold in other ideas into it. Do a speed mapping comp, play coop with people etc, yell out the window at small children etc. Endless fun

Also positivity is highly illegal

I picked CP because Isolation was such a cool idea and a lot of great creativity came out of it--but a themed map (or a few maps) in the vein of Mercury Rain or Pumpkin Hell or something like that would also be fun.

You are a music composer too, if I am not mistaken, right? Do you think you can make some Doom-inspired music (MIDI or else) by March 29?

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

So... on the 29th of March of 2021, I'll have been in this community for 15 years. That's like... 15 years!

In all the time I've been part of the Doom community, I don't think I've experienced a single moment where I didn't feel at home, or that this place wasn't for me.

It's not just the people, either. This community's unrivaled level of creative output continues to stagger me - and inspire me. Rest assured, I'm not going anywhere any time soon.

I'm considering doing something special for the 29th. Options in the poll above. Throw me your ideas if you have 'em. :)

Conversationless for Strife, Sugarless for Chex Quest

I'd say any of the above, but for personal reasons I'd love to see a video on your setup and methods for making MIDI. It's interesting how differently everyone seems to create it.

Going to celebrate a little early and say happy anniversary to Jim-Jam the Music Man! The community remains indebted to you for everything you've given it for all these years, mate.

My 15 years point was May last year, but that’s based on my ZDF registration date, so I guess I’ll celebrate yours with a map of some kind! As a result, I voted Jimmunity Project.

I for one would definitely participate in a Jimmunity project! Fifteen years... now that's dedication. Even as a relative newcomer, I can say with confidence that the Doom community wouldn't be the same without you. Your music is probably more ubiquitous than Bobby Prince's at this point, and I can only imagine how many mappers have taken inspiration from your consistent, high-quality output over the years. Cheers to you, Jimmy!

If People have Birthday they should get Presents, not Viceversa.

So let People make Maps for you :)

Another community project when Isolation is still stuck in beta?

I'd definitely join another Jimmy CP, though.

What about making some mappack for pure Hexen? I mean, Faithless was great and successful, the base game was Heretic with added Hexen stuff. So what about making something like that, but for Hexen as base game? Probably that being a sequel to Faithless, like Hexen being a sequel for Heretic?

I think however you celebrate it is up to you, but either a map pack or a collaboration sounds rad. The Doom community is eternally proud to have your talent and devotion, sir!

Congratulations Jimmy, 15 years is definitely a very long time. We're lucky to have someone as talented as you are.

I voted for a small mappack 'cause that's my kind of jam but any of the other options are cool af as well.

I voted "Other". My two cents is perhaps something like a career retrospective. I don't recall if you've done anything similar before, and I'd certainly find it interesting, as long as you think you'd enjoy it.

My votes for:

1 & 4. "Make a map/small mappack / Community project/map contest". Might me something that covers this topic

I.e. Hexen wad, larger/more complex one that mentioned, but that staying in "straight forward" format. Seems to there are mostly close to zero in such kind.

and

5. "Other (I've posted my idea below!)". Perhaps you can create an small (+/-) TC:

Top man Jimmy. I voted for 24hr Livestream simply because at some point everyone here would be able to drop in and say hello not just the folks in your timezone.

Happy 15th.

Community projects are always fun to take part in or observe, however I'm also curious what the YouTube video idea is. If it's for talking about your history with Doom, it'd be great to watch and learn about your thought process and the fun you've had with it. I'd say why not do both? A good community project run under your leadership and a bit of history or whatever else you had in mind for a video. I'm sure people are looking forward to your Earthless megawad as well, so that sort of fits the map pack option.

Thanks everybody for your input! It's got some good ideas bubbling.

It seems we have a pretty clear winner already, but I'll let the poll continue. :)