Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
matador

DBP61: Tempest Enterprise

14 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Has it been two months already!?

Just one month for this one. Same for DBP62, which should be out in October.

I thought the development increased to 2 months in general. I'll never have enough time to beat all these with the rate they come out :p (Halfway through DBP2. Yes. 2)

2 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

TFW there's 61 of these now and I've played approximately zero. I need to get my shit together.

63 if you count the 'side wads', 66 if you count the DBKs.

I love being surprised by the wild theme changes each entry, I've only finished DBP1 and all but the most recent Christmas ones however.

56 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

63 if you count the 'side wads', 66 if you count the DBKs.

I love being surprised by the wild theme changes each entry, I've only finished DBP1 and all but the most recent Christmas ones however.

Lmao and here i thought I was the furthest one behind. Also fyi DBP1 is meant to be bundled with another DBP because there was a sequel

congratulations on the release guys! very cool and inspiring to see you all so excited and passionate for mapping! i the DBPs are a big part of my dooming these days, i love them very much. the maps and themes only get better and better! i wish everyone behind these the best.

Hi all, quick "bug" to report. On dsda-doom and prboom+, the Map names are diverting to the OG Doom 2 names. 

Eg. Finishing Map 1 says "Entryway" on finishing as opposed to "Unbound Iterons" (name is fine on the Automap)

Also tested on GZDoom and all is fine there 

Whaaaaaat dbp61 released and i didnt finished dbp59??????

7 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Has it been two months already!?

Now dbp releases will be used as doomworld calendar

20 minutes ago, mancubian_candidate said:

Hi all, quick "bug" to report. On dsda-doom and prboom+, the Map names are diverting to the OG Doom 2 names. 

Eg. Finishing Map 1 says "Entryway" on finishing as opposed to "Unbound Iterons" (name is fine on the Automap)

Also tested on GZDoom and all is fine there 

Thanks @mancubian_candidate for posting this, I noticed the same thing. It's because the CWILV lumps (aka the intermission screen images for level names) are missing. I created some myself using a Doom text generator and attached them here. Just open the WAD, drop them in SLADE, convert them to the Doom format, and save.

Intermission_Images.rar

The wad was updated with a quickfix that adds in missing mapname graphics, updates the text file, and (hopefully) fixes a crash on map03. If you see this, re-download from the link in OP. Thanks and enjoy!

Sorry, the last fix broke MAP05 so another quick fix is posted in the OP. This isn't the same one as BiZ posted about. GL Node stuff in the WAD was causing trouble.

Jesus Christ, that's such a magnificent design that I thought like I'm in a 80-s sci-fi horror movie, and it's really a rare occasion, I think it ever happened to me only when I first played Scythe...
DBPs are one of the greatest things that ever happened in Doom community, I can honestly say that after I completed several projects, like for example - Evil Egypt.
Keep up people with your spectacular imaginative jobs.

[ I hope october project would be something spooky, ;) ]

I played through it, and I really wish you guys would slow down and space these projects out more. As is the standard with DBPs, there are some genuinely cool ideas here (the general theme and palette are pretty great) that don't frequently feel like they're given enough time in the oven to bring everything around them up to par. Some pretty strong maps mixed in; 01, 11, and 12 come to mind as well-constructed and fitting within the overall concept, the last of which is a pretty consistently exhilarating experience that pleasantly surprised me. The monster count and corridor-heavy nature of it made me expect worse, but it was easily the most enjoyable map of the bunch. 05's ending area is also pretty cool. Didn't care for a bunch of the others though, which sometimes felt like inconsistent mishmashes of ideas without too much real direction or focus. The constantly shifting visual quality and lack of difficulty settings in half of the maps only added to the lack of cohesion and the sensation that this was rushed to some extent. You can do better.

6 hours ago, AD_79 said:

lack of difficulty settings in half of the maps only added to the lack of cohesion and the sensation that this was rushed to some extent. You can do better.

I really don't wanna play devil's advocate here, but lack of difficulty settings (either partial or total) has been a feature of DBPs since forever, and I've played pretty much all of them. In addition, my general impression was that a lot of mapping is more or less always balanced around UV, for better or worse. I'm not rejecting your criticism, I just think it's a bit off the mark in the particular context of DBPs.

3 hours ago, DreadWanderer said:

I really don't wanna play devil's advocate here, but lack of difficulty settings (either partial or total) has been a feature of DBPs since forever, and I've played pretty much all of them. In addition, my general impression was that a lot of mapping is more or less always balanced around UV, for better or worse. I'm not rejecting your criticism, I just think it's a bit off the mark in the particular context of DBPs.

I wouldn't know about past projects, as I haven't played many of them. That being said, either make the decision to have difficulty settings across the board or not, I can respect either of those approaches. Having some maps with and others without makes it feel unfinished, as if some mappers simply could not be bothered to implement them.