Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2020 Mentionation Thread

Yeah I'm sad to see the blog end...but it definitely means kmx should get the award this year rather than have it wait any longer, so...

+++ @kmxexii for Espi

Also +++ @Big Ol Billy for Creator (if I didn't mention that one already, can't recall)

An Espi Lifetime Award for Chris Mullen aka. @CeeJay. Not so many dedicated mod developers that remain consistent from time to time like he does.

Edited by InDOOMnesia

Akeldama comes to mind, Bastion of Chaos, and I think BACULUS is also a good one although it came out 2018. 

+++CPD by @Cheesewheel.
Its just one map away of being a 32 maps megawad, and then just will need a little fix on balancing the difficulties.

Don't know how its no more aknowledge, its really great, and similar in approach to Vile Flesh.
Some encounters are hard as hell, and there are surely breathtaking visuals in here.

+1 for DBP 20 Dungeons & Demons

idk why but I really enjoyed it a lot, even when the DBP series is only getting better, DBP20 is still my favourite

13 hours ago, RemoveUwU said:

+1 for DBP 20 Dungeons & Demons

idk why but I really enjoyed it a lot, even when the DBP series is only getting better, DBP20 is still my favourite

DBP21 might be mine. I mean, flying vampire Hitlers, come on.

Doom: Dissension
After a few years off playing, this has got me rippin' and tearin' again! Absolutely fantastic level design. I joined these forums just to nominate!

Nic Monti's Alpha Centauri has been mentioned a few times previously, but I just wanna give it another shout-out. It really is phenomenal. It's got all the trademark Montiisms--the organically-curved architecture, strong emphasis on verticality, room transformation--but it also has maybe the strongest sense of place in any of his oeuvre. It really feels like you're investigating an overrun, abandoned colony. It's also one of his absolute nastiest WADs, combat-wise.

On 9/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Zolgia108 said:

what is the dead line for a nomination? thanks!

if i remember right, around end of october or mid octover i think, because they play and review everything during november and the few days of december.

Ah thanks, NJ for the comment below clarifying this :)

Edited by P41R47

Are we including periphery journalism? This piece from Action button is looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong, but bleeding phenomenal:

16 hours ago, Babel said:

Back to saturn 2?

Please check previous cacowards before mentioning them here.

Or check at least the release date. If it's not 2020 (or like the last two months of 2019), it's not eligible for 2020 Cacowards.

Edited by Gez

I hope the 1995 called, they want their levels back is done by November, but it doesn't look like it. That's that sad thing that happens to many forms of media released right after the deadline of an award show. Black Panther did incredibly well, and everybody thought it was going to get all of the awards at the Oscars, but it was released right after the deadline, and by the time the next Oscars came, all the other films had made people forget about it, and it didn't win anything. I feel like that might happen with some of this years WADs. But, I shouldn't get too upset. There are going to be a bunch of good WADs in the Cacowards, and it will still be great!

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Black Panther did incredibly well, and everybody thought it was going to get all of the awards at the Oscars, but it was released right after the deadline, and by the time the next Oscars came, all the other films had made people forget about it, and it didn't win anything.

It might have happened to Black Panther, but it didn't happen to No End in Sight, Legacy of Heroes, Maskim Xul, or Eviternity.