Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

2023 Cacowards

A great "doomed" year that ends with a proper finale with an amazing write up, and two already legendary WADs being released. What a time. Happy 3 decades.

Super honored that Culling Strike took home a MP Caco, a lot of work was put into it by the mapping crew, the vision couldn't have been achieved without them!

Also big congrats to @Xaser and the DC crew for Vesper getting a well deserved caco! It was a lot of fun to play in the VesperDM events and a lot of love and care was put into that mapset! Always good to see oldschool multiplayer shine!

Same goes for Shane's Vignettes of Deathmatch, a really fun set that really brings to bear the heart of what got us addicted to Doom Multiplayer in the first place.

30 years of Doom, and the various communities surrounding our game have no sign of slowing down!

I'm so honored to be a part of this year's panelists! Working with the crew was fantastic, seriously, so much good stuff to play. Great work everybody, hope you guys enjoy!

Another great year! Congrats to all the winners and thanks to the panelists! 

Congrats to all the winners! Lots of stuff I have and haven't played are featured here. The stuff I have is good, and the stuff I haven't I really need to check out. Glad The Lost Magic got a shout out. Since that was a late 2022 one, I thought it wasn't eligible for this year's awards, so I'm glad to see it just took an extra year! I was also waiting for Devilution to get out of Beta, but if it's getting a Cacoward, then I guess I can finally sink my teeth into it.

Spoiler

I was wondering why I didn't see the Odyssey of Noises award in the sidebar at first. I love the hidden page for MyHouse and all of the artistic WADs mentioned with it. memory=entryrrrr///// is also my favorite song of 2023 in general, so I'm glad it won that award too.

Perhaps the best year in Doom's modding history, what a time to be a doom player, and to close it off with Eviternity 2... Simply perfect

19 minutes ago, MundyC said:

I can't believe it! Austrian Avian Association won a Cacoward!

Thank you! :D

You absolutely deserved it, AAA is an amazing and well made experience!

Spoiler

I'm very happy to see Bring Your Own Class get an award, I've been around for that mod since like 2021 and seeing it grow into this is just wonderful, glad all those years of work paid off!

TDAC got a shout out!  That's very cool!

Also, if you were specifically trying for a cacoward this year (we weren't) you picked a terrible year to do it!  We ate good this year!

Incredible year for Doom, congrats to all winners and contributors. Seriously couldn't have dreamed of a more exciting 30th.

16 minutes ago, A.o.D. said:

TDAC got a shout out!  That's very cool!

Also, if you were specifically trying for a cacoward this year (we weren't) you picked a terrible year to do it!  We ate good this year!

I'm so happy we got a runner-up mention on the 30th anniversary for The Diseases, and Casualties! Thank you @Terminus for the wonderful write-up, we're all absolutely giddy about it!

30 years of Doom? My goodness, who could have imagined Doom still being played and modded by such a dedicated fan base after all these years.

Thanks for yet another Cacoward, fellas. Gonna have to run through Episode 1 once more to celebrate (along with downloading the winners too, of course!)

Im so happy I joined this community right in this time! 

I have barely finished Doom II and now Im just complete overwhelmed by all the amazing Doom Wads and videos of Speed Runners! 

Keep going strong you all and happy Doom day! 

Happy 30th anniversary of Doom! Congratulations to every winner and runner-up, and much appreciated to every cacoward writer of this special year! Even after 30 years, people in this community are still pumping out really amazing wads and mods to enjoy. I'm happy to see that my all-time #1 favorite game is truly eternal.

Amazing! 30 years is quite a long time for a game to remain relevant.

Here's to the storied past, exciting present, and what more there is to come.

I somehow missed the Doot Eternal section until now. I'm so happy there's a section on Grove and The Mucus Flow's music, written by MtPain27. I've been addicted to those songs (and Nuts 3) lately. They're so good.