Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matacrat

🟠 Blocked-Out! - A Boom 2 Community Project (37/37) ⚪

Hey, count me in I'll try and make something for this. I always go crazy and end up making total conversions so this would be a fun way to stick to making just a Doom map.

10 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

Color me intrigued. I will have to try and submit something here.

6 minutes ago, HorseJockey said:

Hey, count me in I'll try and make something for this. I always go crazy and end up making total conversions so this would be a fun way to stick to making just a Doom map.

Added!

I was waiting for this after I saw the Hamtex texture pack post, I'm in!

Hey there, joining in ! Been a long time since I did a com' project, this should be good ;)

Count me in, man. I'm new to mapping, however when given a simple canvas without having to deal with making textures look good, I can make really good stuff. I'll work on a map.

Edited by wumbo : can't freaking choose map slot

It's the sequel to Oops All Greyboxes I didn't even know I wanted! I'd like to volunteer my playtesting services for this project, if you'll have me.

2 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I'd like to volunteer my playtesting services for this project, if you'll have me.

Of course you can! Make Yourself at Home!

I'm in 2 community projects right now yet I WANT TO MAP FOR THIS I LOVE ORANGE SOURCE TEXTURES WOOHOOOOOOOOO!

(Also playtesting would be great!)

11 minutes ago, ValveMercenary said:

(Also playtesting would be great!)

Go right ahead! Shouldn't have even asked!

Quick question, looking through the resource wad there are dynamic light actors that replace the explosive barrel. Those show up in GZDoom obviously but not prboom plus and like source ports. Are we aiming for a certain source port? If not is it cool to decorate the maps for more than one source port?

5 hours ago, HorseJockey said:

Looking through the resource wad there are dynamic light actors that replace the explosive barrel. Those show up in GZDoom obviously but not prboom plus and like source ports.

You mean GLDEFS? If so, that lump is additive and only adds dynamic lights to source ports that support it.
It should not replace any object at all nor it should serve as a focus of decoration or a replacement for sector lighting for anybody working with Zdoom ports.
I've updated the resource pack just now to remove GLDEFS among other light related fixes. Just in case a mapper ignores the sentence above.

5 hours ago, HorseJockey said:

Are we aiming for a certain source port? If not is it cool to decorate the maps for more than one source port?

Not really. We're only aiming for accessible source ports that support Boom.
Primarily, whoever's chillin out inside my test map tab in UDB.
3dTwOMh.png

6 minutes ago, Matacrat said:

You mean GLDEFS? If so, that lump is additive and only adds dynamic lights to source ports that support it.
It should not replace any object at all nor it should serve as a focus of decoration or a replacement for sector lighting for anybody working with Zdoom ports.
I've updated the resource pack just now to remove GLDEFS among other light related fixes. Just in case a mapper ignores the sentence above.

There is also this folder called "prohibited" that contains many other folders, called like "illegal" and "stop" and "do" "no" "use" and so on :D Ends with things that can't be used somehow.

Ignore me, I was not paying attention and got my wires crossed. I thought that under the 'light' tab that the light had replaced the explosive barrel but had click on env_explosion under obstacles. But either way, just to clarify are you saying not to use the 'light' actors in our map?

9 minutes ago, HorseJockey said:

Ignore me, I was not paying attention and got my wires crossed. I thought that under the 'light' tab that the light had replaced the explosive barrel but had click on env_explosion under obstacles. But either way, just to clarify are you saying not to use the 'light' actors in our map?

You can still use those light actors. They are just sprite replacements of the standard torches. Y'know to fit the theming. Using editor sprites as acual decorations.