Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnknDoomer

Doomworld Community Console (Doom 64 / PSX / ...) WADs List

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wad-archive.com/amp/wad/7392cdc1531fcce402e9339fec54968f25589f4b

Consoledoom.wad is a kickass wad that mixes PSX Doom and 64 stuff and IIRC is completely vanilla compatible. 

Also I'd at least mention the hack, PSX Doom Forever that's currently being remade for GZDoom. 

How about sound mods? I made a vanilla compatible dehacked PSX Doom sfx wad a while back. There's also the awesome Arch-Vile PSX-ified sounds made by Dexiaz i believe. 

Edited by Muusi

Consoledoom.wad is a kickass wad that mixes PSX Doom and 64 stuff and IIRC is completely vanilla compatible.

@Muusi, added. Do you know ~ year of it's release?

Also I'd at least mention the hack, PSX Doom Forever that's currently being remade for GZDoom.

I might share the link to original as well, but, I guess, it will count as warez here, so will not. So. Only doomworld topic link with videos for now + GzDoom build.

How about sound mods? I made a vanilla compatible dehacked PSX Doom sfx wad a while back. There's also the awesome Arch-Vile PSX-ified sounds made by Dexiaz i believe.

Might add them too, if you will share the links.

Edited by UnknDoomer

Turns out Consoledoom was made by @Kaiser and released in December of 2002. Thank you Kaiser for introducing me to these kinds of mods, i still sometimes have the occasional playthrough of this oldie-but-a-goodie. 

Also here's the link for my DEHACKED PSX sound mod. It includes the pants-shitting scary Arch-Vile sounds made by @Dexiaz

Instruction for how to run ports via Steam. Old School way.

IWADS / TNT / Heretic / Hexen based on GzDoom.

0. https://zdoom.org/downloads

1. Local paths.

\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Doom\base\

\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\

\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Doom\base\

\Steam\steamapps\common\Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders\base\

\Steam\steamapps\common\Hexen\base\

2. Put all the files from the GzDoom folder at these addresses. By default, any files should not require replacement, except perhaps the original .WAD if you have already copied them to a separate folder. They may not be replaced.

3. Connecting all mods can be done in the \Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate Doom\base\gzdoom-{user_name}.ini file in the section

[Global Autoload]

path=\Steam\steamapps\common\Heretic Shadow of the Serpent Riders\base\{specific_wad_name}.wad

3.1. 15.11.22. Starting from GzDoom 4.9.0 things changed a bit - now you will have an option which .ini type to pick. To continue to make run mentioned setup smooth it will be required to use portable version, which lead to a file gzdoom_portable.ini instead of gzdoom-{user_name}.ini.

At first run new version must ask which you want to use. Keep in mind also that after one game will be set the setup of the rest one, after you will overlap the GzDoom files to new one, might be messed up - required wads might be not loading, or it will load another game you have set before instead and etc. To prevent this to happen copy the file you have just created, i.e. new gzdoom_portable.ini, from the previous game and configure it for the next one.

4. Rename in each folder dosbox.exe to dosbox_original.exe, and gzdoom.exe to dosbox.exe.

In the case of Final Doom it is worth considering that if you disable the dialog box for choosing which IWAD to use as a base, then either Plutonia or Evilution will always be loaded by default. To change this option, hold down the right SHIFT immediately after launching the game on Steam.

5. During startup, select the version for DosBox.

* 6. In games other than Ultimate Doom, however, the overlay may still not start, because Steam will not fully recognize them. In this case, open the tab "Properties..." -> "General" -> "Launch Options" and specify, for example, the following: "E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\dosbox.exe" %command%

This will solve the problem. Now you can be played through Steam with GzDoom and tracks time, make screenshots, etc. At the same time it remains possible to launch both a modified version and the original due to the port to Unity (Final Doom does not count), as if some updates are released, there will be no conflicts.

Doom 64 EX (old / outdated; use only in case you are planning to run something actually old)

With it the situation is somewhat more complicated. Therefore, I describe the situation separately.

1. Get files from DOOM 64 EX.

2. Place them in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\

3. Rename the DOOM64.WAD file to DOOM64_original.WAD. EX won't work with wad that's on Steam. From here you will need the original console version, 2 files from it to be exactly, doom64.wad and doomsnd.sf2.
4. Rename DOOM64_x64.exe to DOOM64_x64_original.exe. This will disable the ability to launch the remake via Steam.
5. Rename Launcher.exe to DOOM64_x64.exe. It, in turn, will additionally run DOOM64.exe without the _x64 prefix, which comes with EX.

At startup, type in "Other parameters" a third-party WAD name if there is one, for example, unmaking_fix.wad. The Launcher is designed in such a way that the parameter can be entered either here or through a launch shortcut. As a result, you will have to specify the correct .wad every time you run it.

I could not find another way, for example, through the Steam console or editing config.cfg, at the time of writing this message. For this reason it is worth giving wad some simple short name like wad.wad.

Doom 64 EX+ / Super EX+ (actual)

Most of the modern wads are now usually combined to work with official remaster or rather fresh development of the original EX.

0. Download https://github.com/atsb/Doom64EX-Plus/releases or https://github.com/Styd051/DOOM64-Super-EX-Plus/releases/ (be sure that the specific wad can work with).

1. Put all files into E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64.

2. You can use DOOM64EX+ Launcher.exe for a first test run and check your resolution, if further you will not need one.

3. Rename DOOM64EX+.exe to DOOM64_x64.exe.

4. Open Steam, properties of Doom 64, in run parameters add the specific wad you want to run, for example "-file "EtherealBreakdownEXplus.wad"".
5. That's all. Now you can run any wad via Steam with EX+ or Super EX+, if it's supported.

Doom 64 CE

An alternative to EX+, which is stick around GzDoom, in turn allowing to more different tweaks. Main disadvantage - only few wads are currently can work with it.

1. You will need to download Doom 64 CE, https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/downloads/doom-64-ce-313-full-version

2. You will need a copy of the game on Steam.

3. Copy the content to \Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64, run doom64-install.bat.

4. Rename GzDoom.exe to DOOM64_x64.exe.

5. To load the specific wad, copy the lines from the .bat file of the wad. For example let's take this one https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/addons/rumble-pak-a-selection-of-community-made-maps. In this case you need the contents of DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.bat.

6. In GzDoom-{username}.ini after [Global.Autoload] you should get the following (5 last lines are lines from specific .bat file with the wad):

[Global.Autoload]
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.BGM.Arranged.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.BGM.Extended.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.Brightmaps.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.Decals.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.Extra.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.Parallax.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.PBR.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.GFX.Upscale.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Addon.SFX.HQ.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.Addon.GFX.Brightmaps.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.Addon.GFX.PBR.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.Addon.GFX.Parallax.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 64\DOOM64.CE.Maps.RumblePak.Addon.GFX.Upscale.pk3

7. That's all. Now you can run Steam.

Doom CE (PSX)

1. Download https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/downloads/doom-64-ce-313-full-version and, for example, https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-ce/addons/psx-doom-ce-fall-of-triton-edition-100 add-on.

2. Unzip the add-on to the folder with the port.

3. Backup the base folder, E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\

4. Move the contents of the port to the address specified in step 3.

5. Open PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.bat. Copy the existing lines.

6. In GzDoom-{username}-.ini after Global.Autoload you should get the following (3 last lines are lines from specific .bat file with the wad):

[Global.Autoload]
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.BGM.Arranged.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.BGM.Extended.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.Brightmaps.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.Decals.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.Extra.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.Parallax.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.PBR.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.GFX.Upscale.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Addon.SFX.HQ.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.Addon.GFX.PBR.pk3
path=E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\base\PSXDOOM.CE.Maps.FallOfTriton.Addon.GFX.Upscale.pk3

7. Rename GzDoom.exe to DosBox.exe.
8. That's all. Now you can run Steam.

Edited by UnknDoomer

On one local forum noticed old thread with 2 names on it related to PSX - S-project and Master of coop. Must be somewhere 2010-2015 period, I guess, not single maps, but couldn't find any information about it...

If somebody heard about links might be useful to add it into the list. It is possible, however, that some kind of "words" game / or it did not go beyond the borders of the local community, but who knows.

Let's see.

Most from the first link already available here. Plutonia 2 - added additional link, Jaguar and Saturn - added separate new sections.

And for ports - any reason to not include PhoenixDoom and Calico?

No specific reasons for it. Originally topic started as PSX / 64 thing, but it doesn't mean that other platforms cannot be covered. Added new sections and links.

EDIT: In fact, is this in any way relevant to your cause?

In fact added all from your two links which were not in the list yet.

Edited by UnknDoomer

Nice list! I'd like to add several PsyDoom custom maps (as well as one sprite fix patch) as of recently as well.

On 5/30/2022 at 3:32 PM, UnknDoomer said:

12. 64doom (2014/2017). Some sort of another attempt to bring original 64 to the PC.

I think this one should be "the original PC game to the 64".

Hi @UnknDoomer

he has a brand new megawad just released for DOOM64 Ethereal Breakdown and now available !

here is the link 

and in a week, TC Remastered will be back on the Steam version of DOOM 64!

Just now, UnknDoomer said:

@styd051, added. How you think, will be Ethereal Breakdown also be supported in CE later as well?

yes I think Molecicco will

yes I think Molecicco will

@styd051, @molecicco, so, it seems, full list of near planned wads in add-ons section now contain:

1. Playstation Doom Reloaded. Episode 3. [PSX]

2, 3. Fall of Tritone Remake / 2.

4, 5. Threshold Of Pain 1 / 2. [PSX]

6. Ethereal Breakdown.

While only Fusion of Realities not covered from the list of things that, more / less, might be count as a 64 related megawads, while Innocence X / X2 in case of PSX.

Edited by UnknDoomer

@UnknDoomer yes this is pretty much the list of upcoming conversions for CE, but at the moment i'm quite busy on other projects before working on a new conversion for CE

Also, just noticed that this list was missing mods based on the good ole SNES port. Little me would have called for a riot here years ago. :P

List taken from this post, with updated links to account for dead links and one same mod being linked with different links.

I was looking for working downloads myself and found what seems to be three different SNES mods. Posting here so everything can be found in one place.

Dehacked SNES Doom mod (The original SNES Doom mod most people are (were?) familiar with. Also includes SNES ripped music (aka SPCs) for use with ZDoom), gameplay video can be seen here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9bf6ffqbrl5s4cc/SnesDoom.zip

SNES Doom from the first ZDoom mutator contest:
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?p=433349#p433349

And for completeness Doom / Doom 2 Snes Style Music

Edited by taufan99

BTW. For the current state 32X also was remained missed. Added it as well.

Edited by UnknDoomer

Just noticed I was mentioned.

Regarding Evil Reincarnate. It was tested on actual hardware. Should work when it's done.