Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xvertigox

[CP] DIY - Get imaginative with bold colors and MBF21 [WIP - Compiling]

I am on board. I am currently working on a wad rn, but it doesn't really take me a long time to make one, since I only really care about combat and not puzzles.

I'm all for community projects with creative concepts like this one. Pen me in!

Count me in as well. Very cool concept that I would love to toy with.

Stoked to see people signing up :D I've updated the OP with names (✯𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔑𝔬𝔬𝔟✯ your name is impossible to ping you with unless you know the ALT code for those stars). I've also posted about this project in the perpetual /vr/ retro FPS thread and we got one sign up there so that's cool.

This looks like a cool project! I'm focused on other things so won't be participating but for those of you looking for inspiration for this set, I'd recommend schwiba's The Unmaking as it contains a level with solid color textures. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what yall make!

I can't wait to see what people make for this project.  

Reminds me of 50Shades.wad but even better: for those who care more about concepts, gameplay, shapes and architecture but don't wanna fuss with textures.

5 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Stoked to see people signing up :D I've updated the OP with names (✯𝔉𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔑𝔬𝔬𝔟✯ your name is impossible to ping you with unless you know the ALT code for those stars). I've also posted about this project in the perpetual /vr/ retro FPS thread and we got one sign up there so that's cool.

I did not know that. I have no idea what those alt codes are, so I am just gonna change it.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot.

so last year I released a couple of minimally-textured speedmaps that no-one tried ( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ), so here's a retextured version of one of 'em. Not gonna light anyone's world on fire ofc. but it was too fun to go completely unplayed imo.

It's called Stupid Slaughter because that's what it is, and the music is by Bobby Prince as all of you should know.

(I left the switch textures in because the supplied texture wasn't very inspiring, do some in different colours please vert)

diy_submission-220106-1804.zip

ps I would like to sign up please

So I just gave @dmdr and @lunchlunch maps a try and Jesus CHRIST those maps are hard, even for HMP!

For DMDR, you've basically forced the player into a tight situation where-in they need to plasma more or less all the pinkies and revenants fast before the archvile and caco's show up to slice your face open. Hell, I never even got past the first room since I barely get more than a minute of life before I'm dead. (maybe the caco's and archviles are a trap for when you get to the top of the stairs but since there's a megasphere up there, it's partially needed to go up there asap).

For LunchLunch, I love the idea of the first bits of MAP01 from DooM II slowly opening up to reveal more and more enemies but... was it reeeaallly necessary to dump a cyberdemon into a room with loads of caco's and barons with barely enough health to survive? The black +White colour scheme was awesome and I do like the small details added here and there.

Can I give it a shot? very very VERY new at mapping so will probably mess up some technicalities, but still!

You know what this project could use? Mid textures, like grates in the same prime colors.

You can make sector grates, of course, but projectiles would get stuck on them.

17 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I'm gonna toss my hat into the ring as well and in fact, I already have some screenshots of my map so far:

Hide contents

DIY-Dyna-Pic1.jpg.ca7a6aa8c9a84c0fc8868bcf68efc6d4.jpg

DIY-Dyna-Pic2.jpg.caaa639cca6c5694af83e0e6967aef2b.jpg

DIY-Dyna-Pic3.jpg.e4a76f879613f3ae3f944051701aa1ae.jpg

Good work. I played some of your cartoony wad and it shows here you have experience with this style. No doubt will be a good map.

Count me in! I very much enjoyed Spendo's mapset and wouldn't mind contributing to this concept!