Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myolden

Doom 2 In City Only [RC6] - Now featuring all maps!

Posted (edited)

Congrats! I hope you all enjoy me and myolden's collab hehe haha

Hell yeah! Hype train full steam ahead! Let's go!

In all honesty, I loved making maps for this. Look forward to seeing what everyone thinks. I personally haven't played any of the other maps yet, so this is a treat for me as well.

Congrats on the release! I wasn't really following the Dev thread but looking at the screenshots you guys have cooked up something insane and I'm all up for it.

Can't wait to play this!

Had the pleasure of testing taviow's monolithic Idumea (Map23) back in January, and now I'm ready to chew through the rest of the set as well.

Congratulations on your release and as well the others, I'll give this a go tomorrow.

I'm sad I couldn't finish my map, but I loved playtesting some of the maps. Kudos to all the mappers for this masterwork!

I see there's a lot of hype around this release, but I'm secretly quite a snob.  

-Pushes up glasses-

If Obama Burger 2 doesn't live up to my expectations, I will be very disappointed.

Stoked to have participated in this project. There's some good shit on offer here. Well done everyone!

Posted (edited)

Any other place this can be downloaded? Dropbox won't let me. Too, it wants me to sign into my Dropbox account. I don't want one.

Spoiler

790161347_Screenshot2024-03-15234351.png.805b10ebe0e213f15db18a71d276fdeb.png

You might have to maximize the window in order to see it what's circled.

Thanks, got it now. Window was maximized, didn't see I need to scroll down. Silly thing messed up

all over the place in my SeaMonkey browser. Only asked after I got equally poor luck with Vivaldi.

Thanks again!

Edited by prfunky : I'm over it now...

6 minutes ago, prfunky said:

Any other place this can be downloaded? Dropbox won't let me. Too, it wants me to sign into my Dropbox account. I don't want one.

790161347_Screenshot2024-03-15234351.png.805b10ebe0e213f15db18a71d276fdeb.png

You might have to maximize the window in order to see it what's circled.

10 minutes ago, prfunky said:

Strange, dropbox shouldn't require an account just to download. Just to be safe I added an alternate link in the OP that links to a google drive download.

Congrats on getting this released! I was looking forward to seeing what you guys got cooking. Gonna go test this out immediately.

I love city maps, so this is right up my alley! Congrats on the release! 

It was great fun making a couple of maps for this, and a good exercise for making a map style that I am not usually comfortable in making. Congratulations to all and there are some really awesome maps in there.

Posted (edited)

Yes! Congratulations!

Added to the plans for the recording playthrough after both parts of Nostalgia and Obzen.

grungo wrote review for first 4 maps grungo played

grungo might make more

here is my criticism

Map01 Hellions: Grungo think not bad start, but not entirely BIG fan, asethetic wise, it felt too mixed with color but the detailing is 
nice and me like it, as for combat it hard with many voodoo skeletals, zombies and devils.

Weapons were balanced although grungo's tick is giving top notch weaponry very early on in wad, but then again, wad was designed 
as hard most likely so grungo give it pass Grungo rate Map01 7/10, decent job, not bad but not exactly grungo cup tea. (P.S. Me like doomcute forklift, very nice)

Map02: Simple complex: Oh boy! this one is a goodie also a hardie! Grungo got mezzed at the doomcute and geometry, especially at the start where it is blink or
miss it deal. combat was very hard and grungo pissed off at slime trap with enemies and archie, grungo didn't get health in pit
and grungo curses mapper's crops to wither! but seriously it is good challenge but me hated roof top battle, it too hard and me feel like bfg should've been obtain earlier
8/10.

Map03: Waffle City: ...

so... so many devils, grungo fought entire hell army! jeeee-SUS! man that was a ride!. took groungo 40 minutes to complete, dunno where begin
Grungo basically saw lots and lots of doomcute, very cheeky, but map was difficult but fair. Grungo has tip though, if you are
not wimp, collect the three extra keys, it take you to secret level. despite being clusterfuck of madness, grungo think this is a very balanced slaughtermap
11/10, the wad subverted my expectations as soon as I wandered offe starting level, I also think the tanks littered about
was interesting.

Map31: Traces to Nowhere: this is the first secret level grungo found, it seems to be a nod/reimagining of Suburbs from Doom 2
very similar but different, it doesn't have the baseball field or the imfamous gore building but it's a nice map overall
a nice break from the carnage of the last map. but don't let fool you! map still challenging, even at less than 100 spirits!
Grungo give map erm... 9/10, lighting could be a little bit brighter

1 hour ago, KevvyLava said:

More revenant traps, boring.

And you hope to achieve what exactly by going into the threads of people who worked hard just to insult their work like that simply because it doesn't conform to your view of what a Doom map should be? Do you hope to change the mapping tropes of a website's subset by always complaining about rev closets and TPing AVs in the threads of newly released projects? I dislike maps with a ton of secrets yet you don't see me running around to scream at every mapper who's more into the adventure mapping style that they should stop hiding so many items from the player.

Thread derailing aside, congrats everyone for the release. The bit that I've played of this wad was rather wonderful, I'll gladly recommend it to people.