Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scwiba

NaNoWADMo 2023 - The month-long mapping challenge!

Here we go! I'll attempt something, that's for sure. I think instead of coming up with totally new stuff, I'll challenge myself to take care of some unfinished business...

• I'll try to complete a map for a certain project I was invited to partake in. I won't mention it by name - that way once we get around to releasing it, we can lie and say it totally took us less than a year.
  • I'll try to create the remaining 6 out of 8 maps for Yangshuo Invasion, a Doom 1 mod concept I came up ages ago, and later reimagined to include my Bite-Sized Threat vanilla-compatible gameplay mod.
  • I'll try to create the remaining... 12 maps? For The Other Moon, a fully vanilla (no dehacked) Doom 1 two-episode replacement spawned from another extremely old idea of mine.

Also, I'm absolutely not giving up on Dawn Of The Arrow. I already have 5 completed maps and 12 more in progress, but it's a full blown Doom 2 megawad and I might have to do a bit of gameplay reworking as well. So it seems like a pretty huge project still and I'd rather tackled those smaller ones first. But I've been slowly but surely making progress on the Arrow and I'm already confident it's gonna be my new masterpiece when it's done.

Definitely interested with a break from 2 of my other ongoing projects, so sign me up! Planning to make a small episode of 4 - 5 larger maps for Doom II.

Yes! I’d like to take some time to pick up Phobian Odyssey again and use some of the stuff I implemented but never used :)

// This is a brilliant idea and im keen to see the fruits of our labor... I however, am going to buckle down boot up drop out hang on tune in and start/finish 2 CP {No Pockets Doom and Embryo} maps, and work the bastards till they meet the vision that flashed in my brain pan when i signed on. pressure and commitment breeds results, and even more so when there's no paycheck in sight! Happy Mapping Lads and Lasses...

As i wrote in the Discord server, i'll use this time for completing one (or maybe more) of the million projects maps i'm involved... Not sure if i can do something completely new, but never say never!

So, in short, sign me in.

Finally after few years I've got free time and not bound to midterms and such, tempted to join and do some speedmapping. I'll give myself some time to think about it. 

I guess I should make a map or two for the megawad I have been working, though I won't be releasing them for a while.

Edit: I'll try to make a map every week.

Edited by JJBoren

Okay, sign me up!

I had this dumb idea so it's a good time to go through with it. A level (or more) of Heretic using one of the 90s DOS editors. So either HEU or DETH. Curious how it'll go

edit: I also have a couple maps for CPs that I should get finished. So I'll do those first, Heretic can wait. 90s aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Edited by Sneezy McGlassFace

2020 - I joined the community, and in an overly ambitious project, I got one map partially done.
2021 - Blue and I got REALLY ambitious, and I got 2 or 3 maps finished, before shifting gears.
2022 - By Candlelight was created... 9 maps for Heretic! (I need to finish this up soon!)
2023 - Here we come!
@BluePineapple72 and I are planning on actually doing something together for this, this year! (Something less ambitious this time.) Let's GO! It's NANOTIME again!

I think completing 1 really solid map is going to work for me. I have never released anything other than speedmaps before so this will be a good goal to break that. 

Count me as this sounds like a lot of fun and perfectly timed with spooky season. 

I was thinking of doing a reimagining of an old Raycaster game engine game I made years ago to the GZDoom engine.  This way I can compile the textures and custom monsters into a resource pack and wait till Oct 1st to do any mapping.