Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheMagicMushroomMan

Member Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, Roofi said:

When you read this thread and you rarely see your name.

When you read this thread and you don't see your name at all :')

I honestly thought nobody would mention me, I was wrong.

However, I want to say that there are really many people that I appreciate very much, they know well who I am talking about, and really if they read this, I appreciate you guys a lot, and that I will be there for you guys n.n

Spoiler

Also I want to confess that I have a crush with [REDACTED]

9 hours ago, Endless said:

@RjY and anyone else that makes the effort to archive and preserve WADs around the web.

I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I have no significant archive of Doom content. The real star is @Mad Butcher, who seems to possess every wad file ever posted to Doomworld, and is able to retrieve any one on demand within moments.

Well I have been here a long time and to be honest I cannot recall ever having a bad experience here, so honestly everyone is awesome. However I guess I should make a few mentions.

@tourniquet @Nevanos @Larzuk Who have all had the unfortunate experience of play testing stuff for me on a fair number of occasions. There are probably others I have missed so apologies here.

@Tarnsman @Alfonzo and probably a few others. Let’s put something straight, my first forays into mapping were not exactly great and sometimes a bit of tough love is needed to improve. I always will appreciate the necessary kick up the backside and I hope I have redeemed myself over the past several years.

@Steve D One of the veterans of the doom universe, always a pleasure to have a chinwag with and also enjoyed contributing to a megawad based on a computing system I have never used :p

@dobu gabu maru Megawad club runner and came to the fore in terms of mapping around the same time as myself. Another member I have interacted with on several occasions including making a collaborative map.

I am not the most active user I must confess, but I consider this a virtual home.

@Biodegradable

When I open a new map's thread, he's already been there and made a video about it. As a fellow new mapper I know the pain of getting good and useful reviews and he is the guy. And as I said, he is just everywhere and works tirelessly. Thank you! <3

4 hours ago, Roofi said:

When you read this thread and you rarely see your name.

1c1uej.jpg

I’m a no talent hack everyone - if you’re playing one of my wads, put it on hold and go play Roofi’s maps instead. (there’s actually effort put into his creations!!)

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

Shoutouts to @ReaperAA. Grab a stubby and sit on the couch, mate - you’re a bloody ripper legend!

1 hour ago, RjY said:

I think you have mistaken me for someone else. I have no significant archive of Doom content. The real star is @Mad Butcher, who seems to possess every wad file ever posted to Doomworld, and is able to retrieve any one on demand within moments.

Mad Butcher is one of those unsung heroes of wad preservation (and other Doom content). He really is Doomworld’s Keymaker. He can provide an instant link to any older wad you can think of. I’ve always been damn impressed by his efforts.

1 hour ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

I haven't even played all of the games, and those I have, I beat on EZ MODO.

Beating a Touhou game on easy is still beating a Touhou game :p

Besides, you don't even have to be that huge of a fan of Touhou to be considered a fan. There's a lot to the series that goes further than the official games/works, so no shame in not playing all 18 games (not even I've done that).

Edited by Wavy

@Average - I regained my taste for modding by recovering all my mods. Eternally grateful
@xvertigox - For me was an important conversation with the result of my own small thread with my mod, currently with some followers
@Xim - thank you for your respect and appreciation

2 hours ago, Wavy said:

I also want to mention the following members:

@Teo Slayer

@Remilia Scarlet

@Marisa Kirisame

@Misty

@URROVA

@haruko haruhara

@BrassKnight

@Taw Tu'lki

@Sena

@Doominator2

@Mayomancer

and perhaps some others

...all for being Touhou fans ;)

Thanks, son. I'm also glad Touhou has a little popularity here

And oops, I forgot to mention you on my appreciation post, haha (sorry bud)

2 hours ago, Marisa Kirisame said:

Come on, I'm not THAT big of a Touhou fan. I haven't even played all of the games, and those I have, I beat on EZ MODO.

Even if you don't play the games that often, you still count as a Touhou Fan. You don't have to beat them all on Normal mode to prove you're a Touhou Fan

+Touhou isn't only those 18 games. There are also spinoffs (fighting games for instance), mangas and fanmade works/games. Don't feel like a fake fan for not playing the official games like how I used to

@Suitepee for being one of the first people to have played my works, and who always agreed to playtest some of my maps, often leaving constructive real-time criticism on them and notes on possible improvement. Played and supported the Eagle Speedmapping Sessions throughout. Also, the criticism from when I was mismanaging Ironman did help a lot and I really value Suitepee's openness and honesty in that moment, even though I was being very dramatic about it on that particular occasion. 

@Fonze for similar reasons to my last Suitepee sentence, when they were quite blunt and honest about the way I was leading Eagle, but it helped me turn over a new page and stop being lazy about it. 

@rd. and @scifista42 (well, until 2018 :c) for always willing to play my (many unreleased) maps and provide great, constructive feedback to them, along with valuable FDAs. rd especially was always very open and eloquent; same with @Demon of the Well for the few maps I'd sent his way as well. Also, rd's submission for Texture Extravaganza featured some rather extreme (in a good way!) usage of ZZWOLF2 which stuck in my mind as an example of out-of-the-box thinking.

@Alfonzo for creating the DWIronman League. It helped change the way I play Doom - I was a UV savescummer, saving at my every step, playing with autorun on at all times. Over times, also by watching other demos such as DotW's, I've figured how Doom can be played, and I think I got a bit better at it and I can appreciate WADs and their monster placement much better. Similarly @dobu gabu maru for the DWMegawad Club in which I rarely participated honestly but discovered some solid sets through it, such as CC4 and Vile Flesh.

@Surreily, @Forli, @Walter confetti for being staple mappers for the Eagle Speedmapping Sessions, delivering really solid maps (even outside of ESS) and helping them reach 11 sessions. 

Some Ironman survalists like aforementioned DotW, @Roofi, @Bdubzzz, @Beginner and @dt_ for delivering some extreme blind clears during the course of the competitions that are a joy to watch back, admirable, and for also being good sports with valuable intel for the future of Ironman, or have organized a few competitions themselves. In regards to that, Roofi on his own stood up to organize a challenge when there was uncertainty over the continuation of the league, TWICE, so Roofi definitely has my respect. 

@Pegleg for similar reasons to rd and scifista, for leaving great criticism on maps, not only mine, but any that were in need of criticism, but also for working quite a long time on finally finishing Infernew and also being a great sport about Ironman. I admire Pegleg's persistence on both counts, and Pegleg's maps are also quite decent - big fan of the Infernew map. 

There's some other mappers such as @skillsaw, @Big Ol Billy and @pcorf that I also quite like because they authored some insanely creative and killer mapsets.

There's probably a lot more people which I can't ping because it'd be too much. Everyone who ever participated in ESS or in the DWIronman League (especially during my tenure), and also just in general everyone who takes their time to playtest anyone's map and help them with quality criticism, everyone who makes a map and contributes to this community as well.

Some of my fav friends here are: Doomkid, Francist, JohnSuitepee, Jimmy, Major Arlene, Clippy, Biodegradable, Esselfortium, Bridge Burner, Roofi. Sorry that I'm not able to tag anyone, as Doomworld is acting up again (had the same issue with one of my threads).

@ZeMystic, @T.Will, @Bobby "J, @DCG Retrowave, @Skronkidonk, @AD_79, @Juza for co-authoring the squonker wads and continuing to be both great help and great inspiration.

@Erik, @skillsaw@Tarnsman for being my main inspiration as a mapper.

@esselfortium and @Aurelius for being really neat :)

@HAK3180 for those lovely playtesting videos back in the day, really great source of feedback at that point. Thank you for your service, boss.

Almost forgot, the "Evolution of the WAD" podcast series is very formative to me as a mapper, so everyone that contributed to that is awesome.

@Immorpher for the great d64 discord, great conversations about the game and other stuff. Amazing work with D64. This of course applies to his entire "crew" or "team", for a lack of better word.

9 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

When you read this thread and you don't deserve appreciation :/

I express my gratitude towards Gibbon for making ReBoom, a Boom port for modern platforms that is much closer to the original DOS Boom than PrBoom(+) is.

@Clippy the most hilarious and friendly dude in the community.

@azerty & @Pistoolkip awesome dudes and also fellow YT content creators. Make gorgeous maps and play a variety of wads.

@Fiendish & @Esperpento & @Orcsbreath & @Briøche also deserve a mention here, even though they do not interact as often here in the community these days.

@Mr. Meanor & @I_Punch_Demons for streaming my wad thoroughly and being such incredible dudes.

@Doomkid the person who taught me how to map through his numerous tutorials. Also, if you watch him play, he's surprisingly chill even when he dies. Simply no rage at all.

@decino the youtuber who made me get back to the Doom universe.

@Doomdude89 the first person to actually review my wads.

@ANonThingie! I have to mention this trio because they kindly reviewed my other wad Tempest when I asked.

@Nikku4211 the person who indirectly taught me how to edit fake walls so that they become vanilla compatible lol.

I thank @Linguica for creating Doomworld. I thank @Enjay for creating that NJTrain map, which had influenced me to continue Doom modding and keep playing Doom with ZDoom (and GZDoom). I thank @Doomkid for continuing being a positive influence in the Doom community with his maps, mods and community projects. I thank @Jimmy for creating Adventure of Square and showing the world that cartoony Doom mods can be awesome and pushing the envelope in that genre (I guess cartoony Doom mods can be its own genre, yes?).

Not Doomworld members, but I thank Cory Whittle for creating Immoral Conduct, which had influenced me to start Doom modding and Captain J from the ZDoom forums for also creating cool cartoony Doom mods and showing the world that cartoony Doom mods can be awesome. And I thank anyone who has played my Doom stuff and enjoyed them.